1.05.2011

365 Project

004|365: The Induction

A friend told me I should do some selfie's, though I'm not sure that this is what she had in mind.  I laid in the wet street, running back and forth between the spot and the camera.  Hiding behind my jeep from passerbys and curious neighbors; not well enough, as a woman and her male protector from down the way came to check on the crazy lady jumping around and then laying down to rest in the street.  I screamed when they found me hiding behind the jeep, but believe I may have frightened them even more!

I'm sure this was some sort of induction for me.

I finally titled the above "The Induction" because after writing and re-reading my above comment about it, I really felt it defined the piece for me (in more ways than one); and I went in to 004's photo without intentions of creating a piece with symbolisms or story.  Simply, I wanted to do my very first levitation shot. 

This shot was created with three different photos.  The first of myself laying on the (wet) road.  I don't like taking photos of myself, so I believe there was well over 50 of me lying in different positions (ugh!).  I took at least 10 of just the area without subjects with the expectation that I may need one.  This is when the nosy cats crept in, simply checking out the area where I kept laying, but I was not in that shot, they were just being curious.  The third shot was one of me in "floatation" mode or levitation.  Of course, I manipulated this layer (third photo).  I chose a "screen" effect in Photoshop (Photoshop Elements 7) and then adjusted the opacity so that I became a little more see-through.

I've included the three series shots below, so you can see what I was working with.

A few other minor adjustments to accomodate my cropping and - there you have it.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.


003|365: Peace, Love, and Bunny ears

"Be careful what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be" (Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)

It was getting pretty late and I still had no idea of what I was going to shoot for this 365 project. 
My daughter, Drew, self-entertained by riding her brother's skateboard up and down the hallway.  She probably got in a good hour of play before taking a nasty spill, hince her colorful chin.  Breaking for a half hour to cry it off, she got back on her "horse", only now she was re-dressed head to toe this time in bright, happy pink and donning her bunny ears to boot!  She is such a darling, I had to memorialize the moment as my 003.  Always my unwitting muse, I did have to guilt her into letting me use her as my model (again), though you wouldn't know it from her bright grin (I love you baby girl!).

No comments:

Post a Comment