1.06.2011

006|365


My model is my 12 year old son, Wolfgang a/k/a Wolfie, and as you can likely imagine, this was a very painful project for him, though I do believe I have gotten the thumbs-up on my finale.

This is a manipulation of 3 separate photographs.  Can you see each of them?  The first was the reflection in the mirror, a second photo was Wolfie looking away from the mirror, and the last was Wolfie's hand, in the mirror that is.  I didn't like the original hand in the reflection, so it was replaced with this one.  Once everything was combined and tweaked just so, I added 3 textures on top to darken the edges but still compliment the fogged mirror.  Speaking of fogged mirror, I ran the shower on full-blast hot for about 15-20 minutes to build up the steam.  A white sheet was hung on the wall opposite the mirror so I wouldn't get my (seriously) ridiculous flowered wallpaper in the reflection.  Using a spray bottle filled with (cold) water, we wet Wolfie's hair thoroughly (like I said, completely painful for him).  My tripod wasn't tall enough to get at the angle I desired, so I wasn't able to give him hands on instructions like I would have prefered.  Instead, we did a few practice runs in our second bathroom. Would liked to have put some dark make-up around his eyes for more drama, but that might have pushed my luck too far.

Hugs and kisses to my darling Wolfgang, xoxo - I love you!

2 comments:

  1. @ Jazzy: I saw you blog and facebook Jazzy, wonderful work! I'm following you now on both.

    @ Jennifer: thanks friend! you know I'm a fan and going to have fun doing 365's together.

    ReplyDelete