1.08.2011

007|365




So I wanted more practice on shoot and processing a levitation.  I'm not real happy with this final product, but I was running out of time to post (I believe I had only 15 minutes to spare).  Initially, I had completely different plans for todays shot, but it fell through, or rather, never showed it's face.  I wanted a white on white shot today, but couldn't find anything that excited me.  I had entertained the idea of the shot above, but in another perspective.  Ah well...

Drew's little body is pieced together with parts from each of the 5 following shots.


When piecing body parts together, it's important, of course, to match your skin tones, and this may take some adjusting of brightness, contrast, maybe using color filters, or using the adjustment for skin tones feature (again, I am using Photoshop Elements 7).  After getting them as closely matched as possible, use your eraser tool with the blurred circular brush and an opacity setting between 20-50%.  Erase the hard edge of each layer so that the skin blends together.

She wore this cute little top, but it's more of a shirt than a dress, so I extended the length to cover her bum a little better.

I first intended to surround her with bubbles from my own photography shots, but time fell short to get todays 365 uploaded; consequently, I used a layer of stars instead.  The star layer was set for a "lighten" layer and full opacity.  I moved some of the stars around using the cloning tool and adjusted the contrast.  Over the final product, I added another texture layer, found free on flickr.  And, voila!

2 comments:

  1. wow I never realised how that shot was done - thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from the 365 project of Audrey's and I love that picture of your son at the mirror aswell - at first I thought there were just 2 photographs and not 3.

    My photos are on my leavesnbloomphotography blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just a bunch of puzzle pieces. Thank you for checking out my blog. I'm going to hop on over to yours as well (already liking the url).

    ReplyDelete