2.21.2011

014|365


This is my take on EJ Bellocq - this was really fun!  Although I can't bring myself to do a full on nude, and don't know if I ever will; it's only because I've got 5 children (4 of them boys) and they would be, understandably, traumatized (to say the least) at the site of me in my birthday suit.  Otherwise, I am an artist who believes in the beauty of our nakedness and have enjoyed many a nude artwork. 

I don't mind my take on Bellocq's photo, but I would definitely like to try it again this time incorporating more of what I actually see in my mind of it (ie, different clothing and wall scribbles).  This was part of a 365 I was attempting this year but seemed to have abandoned.  I would still love to continue this project, but my schedule is very tight and I was putting a lot of pressure on content and quality, and then dissatisfied with the final product, because I didn't have the time to spend on it and produce a work I was proud of.  All this, and I have had to deal with several deaths this year.  Consequently, I went into a funk and taking pictures, as I may have said before, is obviously going to revolve around my mood swings.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment